Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall, oh how I love thee- tasty treats of autumn from my quest to capture it's beauty...

I love fall. It is by far my most favorite season of all. First, usually it is a nice and welcome contrast to the hot summer days. As crisp air begins to come, so do the brilliant colors of the leaves. I love the aroma of fires burning from area homes, and the warmth of the tones. I love crisp leaves that crackle beneath the feet on a long walk and the excitement that the holidays are just upon us.






I love the color variation in this picture.

This sweet little statue made for a wonderful subject at the library garden.

The Memorial Library in Bonne Terre, MO. I instantly loved the old style of this library. I had to be patient and wait for a mornign to photograph it so there werent cars in front. What a beautiful morning it was. The sky was so brilliantly blue which made for a wonderful contrast to the fall colors.

This photo turned out quite nice as I used my manual focus to capture the depth of field. This is using my 50mm/f1.8 fixed lens. It is my new favorite.

This picture was taken at St Francois State Park . It is along my drive to school following highway 67 just north of Bonne Terre, MO. I still marvel at seeing the rock and hills. Such a different and more magnificent view than Indiana and it's flat lands.
  • Something about roads just leave the viewer open to think. Is it a journey? Is it a destination? It is solemn and peaceful to look down. I love the natural tunnel the trees form over the road. This picture was also taken in St Francois State Park.

    Bonne Terre,MO. This is a little memorial park in the town square. I loved the contrasting colors in the foliage.

















No comments: